Friday, September 07, 2007

Shopping and eating

A good thing that they have here in Sydney is that the shops are open till late, like 8pm or 9pm seven days a week. So, shortly after arriving here in Sydney on Saturday, we shopped in the evening a trolley full of basic food and pantry supplies - from eggs, bread, meat, nappies and detergents. What convenience! If this was in Perth, I would have to wait until shops reopen on Monday or I would have to settle from shopping in a small local IGA (supermarket).

Another plus they have here is the convenience of not having to leave home too eat pizza, thai or anything else, for they have FREE home delivery! We had the pleasure of eating comfortably at home restaurant-cooked thai food one evening. This is real luxury for me, for it meant not having to drag the young boys out in the coold evening, stress-free eating and feeding kids at the table (which is always the case and hence why I cringe at eating out) and the best bit (*drumrolls please*) - no cooking on my part!!!

No comments: