Monday, November 12, 2007

Boys not in action

All my boys - husband and two kids - were unwell last week, and it was a terrible week. Daddy M was struck with a gastro flu, m was complaining of some sort of tummy pain (that is on & off) and j had common colds, was teething and picked up the gastro flu too. Everyone's appetite was nil or very very low. You can tell that they were unwell when they pushed away the favourite foods placed in front of them. Even I didn't feel like eating or cooking anything when they didn't want to eat. How I also wish I knew what to do right away whenever they complained of pains, and how I wish I could make it disappear in an instant.

Coming from a family that have medical backgrounds, I always had people on standby to ask questions from or to reassure me that all will be ok. But things are different now that I'm thousands of kms away from them. I now have to depend and trust GP's, whom I don't personally know, for their advices and medical support. It's different and alright when I have to take our car to a mechanic, but when I have to solely rely on professionals for medical support - when my life and my family's lives rest on them - that's when I feel so 'helpless'. And it's not nice to feel helpless (emotionally, physically and mentally) when all the only people I love and can rely on, husband and kids, are sick!

Thankfully, there wasn't anything too serious that happened to my own family last week, and I'm also grateful that they're getting better now. Now, I think I just need a good rest from all the 'action and drama' of last week....*zzz*.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe theres something in the water..
or perhaps ur cooking something funny :P

Happy birthday to J :)

-Will

Anonymous said...

I am glad to know you are all well now. We had same experience when B was few months old. we all came down with the flu and we had to ask someone to take us to the doctor's office.
Can you imagine when your Mom and I were young in the isolated town of BB with no meds and incompetent docs? Someone up there was looking after us and so with your family too.
I hope you like your new place. There must be a lot to do there.
Love to all of you....Tita YZ