Friday, May 07, 2010

Let's have Green tea Kit Kat!

When my cousin first mentioned this to me, I was intrigued and wanted to see if it was true. My google searches led me to find a wide range of Kit Kat flavours the japanese make - from grape, lemon, ,blueberry, coffee, chestnut, strawberry to green tea, and flavours that come seasonal, like cherry blossom. I was so thrilled when I saw a shelf of japanese Kit Kats in four different flavours in Miracle asian store in World Square, Sydney. Each packet cost $4.95, and I grabbed one green tea Kit Kat just to try. The packaging is very cute, and the Kit Kat green colour is true indication that it's green tea in flavour. However, I was dissappointed to discover that the tea flavour is very weak and it tasted mostly white chocolate. Perhaps it's good-tasting to some, but I love to drink green tea so I look for it's intense but lovely bitterness in food flavoured with it. This isn't going to be the end of this though, because I'll make a note of this and one day I'll attempt to try my own green tea flavoured "Kit Kats".

2 comments:

Trisha said...

I always go to Maruya in Clarence Street for my "100 Yen Shop" fix. They have anything and everything you want from a Japanese shop! :)

mommy j said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll check definitely check that out!